Should I give up hope?

My dog got out of our house on Monday April 13, very early in the morning, before I got up. We have driven around our neighborhood everyday looking for him, asking people if they have seen him, calling his name. We have talked to the dog catchers and gone to all the dog kennels and pounds. We have signs all over town and still NO ONE has seen him. He was not liscensed and we suspect someone to have him, because he is never gone more than a few hours. I miss him so much, but I dont think he is coming home. Should I be giving up hope already? He was our dog for 3 years, he was the start of our family. I miss him and want him to come home but it dont look like its going to happen

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 10:59 AM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Pets

• never give up hope, im sorry, a pet is a member of the family and loosing a pet is devastating. im sorry but dont give up hope!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Don't give up! My little dog (a rat terrier) who has never gotten too far away from the house was very frightened of the fire works last July 4th. We were not home at the time and so couldn't put her in the house (we live in the country and our dogs stay outside most of the time unless it's cold or rainy and then they come in & stay in our mudroom -- they sleep inside every night too) but she was gone for over a week and we called and called & got in our car & drove around everywhere ... she is a scaredy cat too and I just knew that no one could take her ... but she was sooo scared of the fireworks she might have gone into someone's home if they would have let her ... anyway, after a week, she shows up in the yard! She had lost weight but other than that, she looked good, just really dirty. So, don't give up just yet! You are doing all the right things!!
    madsmom11597

Answer by madsmom11597 at 11:25 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Aww, I'm sorry to hear that! NEVER give up HOPE!! I know a pet is like part of the family from my own experiences! Offer an award maybe that would help if someone is holding the dog. jmo.. Good luck! I do hope you find your pet!
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 11:38 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Oh no! Still gone??? Wow... you poor thing! I freak out when my dogs are gone for 2 minutes... I agree that you might need to add REWARD to the signs. Let us know what happens! Hang in there...
    britbit

Answer by britbit at 11:46 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Don't give up hope hopefully you'll find him, he'll come home ; + }
    RaggedyAnne

Answer by RaggedyAnne at 12:07 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Is he fixed?
    I know this is going to sound odd, but my dad's dog did that once. He ran off for a few days and had my dad worried sick. He finally came back, happy as could be and a few months later, my dad saw some very Buster looking pups being given away.
    Maybe your doggy has him a lady friend.
    Regardless, do not give up hope.
    Try posting on Topix in your city, as well as craigslist. You might find some luck there!
    Good luck!!
    sebanasmommy

Answer by sebanasmommy at 2:50 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• NEVER GIVE UP!!!! That is your family member..... i know you would never give up on any of your family members so dont with her momma... maybe put signs in the news paper and penny pintcher and around the cities surrounding you.....
    liltinymommy

Answer by liltinymommy at 7:20 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• He is on craigslist, and there is a reward posted. We didnt write down the amount, it would be only $20 seems how we have been out of work for awhile and just got served an eviction notice! No he is not fixed, he has had a little of pups before (with my sis doggy). I'll keep you posted.

Oh and what makes it worse is I've been dying to see Marley and Me and my DF brought it home yesterday after work and I watched it and broke down in tears more than I would've!!!! It made me so sad, but it was a really good movie
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:03 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Girl,

Don't give up hope that same thing happened to our family a few years ago we have a min pin name sgt. He got out and was missing for a week everyone thought he's gone we looked everywhere put up fliers everything and hubby told me he's gone someone took him let it go. Well I love my boy and I went out everynight late at night calling him then about 2 weeks after he was gone I was out at midnight calling for him and I was just about to go inside and I saw a little dark spot across the play ground so I whistled and yelled for him and sure enough he ran to me and jumped into my arms and was barking and whining telling me how upset he was and I cried so hard and I was so happy. Keep looking for your dog and I will pray that he comes running back. Remeber there always a chance.
    johnsonsgirl28

Answer by johnsonsgirl28 at 8:20 PM on Apr. 18, 2009