Safe to travel

I have planned a trip to see my college friend in St. Louis the drive is about 9 hours from where I live. I was going to go by myself. I still want to go however, the trip is planned for July and by that time I will be a whopping 5 months pregnant with twins mind you would this be safe to travel this distance as long as up until then there was no problems and i get out every couple of hours to strech and get something to drink and potty? I really want to go as I won't have time after the twins come

full_house

Asked by full_house at 11:30 AM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Travel

• i went to see my sister about a 8 and a half hour trip in march, im 35 weeks now. so i was about where you would be. my doctor ok'd it, said to make sure i stretched alot and was comfy. just check with your doc and stop whenever you have to.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:31 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Probably ok, just check with your doctor to see if they feel comfortable with you going that far since your pregnant with twins. I traveled by car 11 hours when I was 6 months pregnant just stretch alot and stay hydrated.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 6:14 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• You should be fine to travel. In the long scheme of things you are not really that far along and as long as the doctor has not restricted you then you should be fine. It may be a long drive but it will give you something to look forward to in the meantime and you will have a great time. I would go for sure!!
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:02 PM on Apr. 19, 2009