safe to travel in your 5th month with twins?

I have planned a trip to see my college friend in St. Louis the drive is about 9 hours from where I live. I was going to go by myself. I still want to go however, the trip is planned for July and by that time I will be a whopping 5 months pregnant with twins mind you would this be safe to travel this distance as long as up until then there was no problems and i get out every couple of hours to strech and get something to drink and potty? I really want to go as I won't have time after the twins come

full_house

Asked by full_house at 11:30 AM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Talk to your OB, he/she is the only one who could tell you for sure.

I do know that I would have contractions (even at 5 months) when I would be traveling and the altitude would change, you might want to look up the different altitude levels throughout the drive and if they're drastic let your doctor know. I live in a mountain state so I really couldn't travel at all because it would send me in to labor.

GL!
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 11:33 AM on Apr. 18, 2009