wtf? why do people do this?

I just saw a poll that i voted on about teen moms. I by no means am a teen mom...i wated until i was 30 to have my first. what i dont understand is why some women cant be respectful, and not be so ignorant and rude about questions like that? what they dont understand is someday their kids might have kids when they are 15 16 17, ive met 13 year olds on here that are more mature than some of the others that i thought was a college graduate until they said their age. i decided to finish college and get on my feet first. i make about 250,000 a year and im a ceo. if my child every got pregnant young i wouldnt attack them like these women do. my question is, if your teen got pregnant, would you act like these women and tell them they arent mature enough, or uneducated, or just dumb for getting pregnant to begin with? it make me mad to think that they would bring their kid down like that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Heck no. unless they were actually acting immature. but I wouldn't base it on their pregnant status or age.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 11:39 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• i wouldnt. thats hard enough as it is. i wouldnt make the situation even worse. id try to be supportive but she would have to take care of the kid finish school and get a job. alot to do at that age but she would have to suffer the consequences.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 11:41 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• im 19, im a teen mom..well..might be..im due in 3 days..but my birthday is in 5 days so ..ill either be 19 or 20...but thats not the point...

Id hope my daughter is responsible to make the right choices while shes pregnant and afterwards...ill be a little upset with her because she's soooooo young and should have been able to talk to me about anything...but hey.....look whats going on in this world..

seems like everyone is having babies at younger ages..in some countries your SUPPOSED to have a baby at 13 or 14
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 11:57 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• hopefully they'll eat their words soon enough
    Anonymous

• I think that if you become pregnant at a young age you have done both the child and yourself a disservice. Regardless of maturity, it is hard, if not impossible, to have developed a good, solid, life and education while you are that young.

That said, once it's done, it's done so there is absolutely no point in belittling a teen mom. If anything, they need more support than other moms.

My sister got pregnant at 17 and had my niece at 18 and her life was unnecessarily hard. She has had to work twice as hard to support her daughter...twice as hard to go to school...and twice as hard to spend time with her child. It can be done, no doubt, she is proof....it is just harder.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 12:27 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I had 2 b4 I was 18. I have my own house, I have a really good job, and at one point worked 2 jobs. Im still with my babies father, we have been engaegd for 2 yrs and togther for 4 yrs. I do whatever I have to do to make sure my kids are well adjusted happy and clean and fed. However.. .I might strangle my dd if she gets preg lol im jp, I would be heartbroken, but I would support her fully.
    yannaboozmommi

Answer by yannaboozmommi at 12:36 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

•  Yanna said it all. My dd got preg at 18 and had an abortion without even telling me. I did the same thing at 18. I would have been heart broken, but would have supported her 100percent.

jblueeyes228

Answer by jblueeyes228 at 12:48 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I would support my children and help them anyway I could, including free babysitting so they could finish school and work after school. As long as they were trying to be responsible.
    My best friend had her dd a couple weeks after she graduated high school. She was 17. Her parents supported her in every way she needed. She is now 27, a special ed teacher, going back to get her Master's and has a wonderful daughter who is almost 10 (she's my oldest daughter's BFF). When her dd was a baby she stayed home while her parents worked and then took night courses. She baby sat for family for extra cash (sometimes for 8-10 hours a day with multiple kids). Once her dd was old enough for the school daycare she took day classes and graduated college only 1 year behind. She still lives at home but she would have done that without a kid. She's my hero and had it more together then I did at 23 having my 1st.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:56 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• My oldest dd was 13 when she got pregnant. I was a single mom working 2 jobs so couldn't watch her all the time even though my mom was living with us and I had hoped she'd watch her! However, kids find a way! Anyway, she's an adult now and her son is almost 19. I wasn't happy but what can you do? I made her be responsible for him so she gave up her youth for him. It turned out ok. We can't throw these kids away when they screw up. We can only guide them so it won't happen again without planning and hopefully having maturity under their belt next time.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:04 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• It depends on the person, i've met some very mature young mothers, and some that are totally irresponsible and not capable of being a mother. But I've also met adults that fit that catagory as well. So I don't judge someone on their age. I was 22 when I had my DD, and until I found out I was pregnant I wasn't a very mature person. Yes I worked full time, and had my own place, but on the weekends I was always out have a good time. Having a kid definitely changed and matured me. And I've seen that happen with lots of mothers. I don't think anyone should be judged based on age. I know my aunt is a prime example of a mother that is totally immature and incapable of raising a child properly, she was too into her drugs, and abusive relationship, etc. I know my cousin, her DD, was 15 when she had her son. She went to school, worked full time, and raised her son. Great mother :). So go figure.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:07 PM on Apr. 18, 2009