At my breaking point

I can't handle it anymore. Everyone is mad at me today and I am doing the best I can but that's just not good enough. I have 2 sick kids, ages 5 and 2. My son had been screaming his head off his head and pee pee hurt and he was running a temp of 102, he was peeing. I took him to the Dr and she seen nothing wrong with him. I knew there was something wrong so I took him to the ER and he has strep throat and a kidney infection. My 2 year old is wheezing so she is on a steroid. I haven't slept in 3 days. My oldest (8) had cheer clinic today, I forgot because I have been so busy with 2 sick kids and not getting no sleep. My dad called and asked if my oldest was going, DH took her and dropped her off at the wrong gym. My mom calls me yelling at me and DH yells at me it is all my fault. I am sitting here crying because nothing I do is good enough. Am I wrong to be upset or are they right, it is all my fault?

PoisonousBlonde

Asked by PoisonousBlonde at 11:41 AM on Apr. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• Take a breath momma..we can't do it all!

Your family should be stepping up for YOU, not the other way around. As far as "not doing anything good enough" it's a feeling we mom's feel a lot, BUT YOU CAN ONLY DO SO MUCH!!!

Okay..take another breath.

You need to make it clear to your family that THEY need to step up, if they can't do that then they need to back off. You take care of the sick ones, they need you most right know...cheer clinic could have waited, your husband anf family, even your DD should be more understanding. In this case stand up for your sick little ones....everyone else can do for themselves..even the 8 year old ( I am not saying don't be mom to her, but there is a good life lesson for her here)

The husband would be sleeping on the couch.

Another breath...

Good Luck!!
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 11:54 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• NO, you are NOT wrong!! take a deep breath!! When everyone starts yelling at you, just hang up the phone!! Don't listen to it! Get your oldest home and be done w/ cheer clinic today! When ppl ask whats up YOU tell them YOU have 2 sick kids at home to take care of and thats THAT!! PLAIN AND SIMPLE! Don't let NO ONE yell at you for doing ALL you can do!! Hang in there!!! :)
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 11:49 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Thanks a bunch! I took a deep breathe and i feel better. Maybe I needed a good cry too. I talked to my mom and she understands why I forgot. She said the cheer clinic was a joke anyway, my daughter just played in her basketball game instead. My mom had her, so I stayed home to take care of my sick kids. My oldest told me not to worry about it, she had fun!
    I made a mistake in my post, my son hadn't pee'd in over 48 hours and the Dr said he was fine.
    The steroid makes my little one so cranky, I should be used to it by now lol! She has been throwing up for the past 3 days and she has diarrea really bad. My hands are full right now.
    Thank you so much for replying! DH is sleeping on the couch. Bad enough he disrespected me infront of our kids and inlaws by saying I do nothing around here. I have 2 sick kids and the house is a tiny bit messy but still clean. I guess a pair of shoes thrown on the floor is unacceptable.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 1:40 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Glad to hear things got a little better! Nothing worse then sick kids...make anyone want to cry!

Next time hubby is sleeping on the couch when he should be helping, vaccuum...always worked for me :).
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 7:31 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• LOL thank you!! Good idea!!
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 11:08 PM on Apr. 19, 2009