Do you celebrate Earthday? What do you do??

I't my hubby's b-day so we usually don't do to much "green" stuff, just because we run out of time, but this year he works so I will be working in the garden most of the day!

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 12:12 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• This year we are going to go to Disney's Earth. I think it will be fun plus they will plant a tree for each ticket which makes it even more fun.
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 12:16 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• My family celebrates every year. We always make a point of going out & enjoying the natural world. Sometimes we take the opportunity to explore Earth-friendly programs (recycling, composting, etc.) This year we are going to watch the new Disney film "Earth" in theaters.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 12:18 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• lol, Earth Day is my birthday too! Not sure what we're doing this year.
    Today there is an Earth Day celebration down town, so we may go to that.
    Anonymous

• I created my own organic veggie garden and planted a bunch of flowers and bushes. I'm gonna try to find a recycling center so I can recycle our plastics and tin cans. I think we all should try to do something green to protect our kid's future. i want my daughter to be able to enjoy nature too.
    dawn_misayo

Answer by dawn_misayo at 12:23 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I am creating my pot garden next week ... but I celebrate daily in our living habits... we recycle all the time... I normally do not do a garden, but decided on a pot garden this yr...

I try to be as green in everything here as possible and teach my gs to appreciate what Mother Earth has given us and continues to ... and that we need to be aware and take care of her...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 12:43 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• i am planting a garden not for earth day,but b/c it is the logical thing to do if money is tight, and you have the land for it.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 12:54 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• We will spend time outside talking about how God made everything for us to enjoy. And when someone gives you a beautiful gift you need to take really good care of it.

We live green everyday, so it isn't so much about the importance of recycling and being responsible. We focus on giving thanks for the earth, the sun, the stars, the trees, flowers, butterflies, bees, eco-system, weather, grass, food, etc. We look at our world as a miracle.

So earthday for us is an opportunity to worship God.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 2:10 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• We'll read something (possibly The Giving Tree) and I'll make cookies - taking inspiration from the Jewish Tisha b'Av and making apple/walnut cookies of some kind - and we're planning to do a litter clean up in the neighborhood. (Which we do spontaneously anyway, but it makes sense to do it for Earth Day as well. We will also be planting and doing some gardening.

I'd love to see Disney Earth but I'm not sure we'll be able to! It looks amazing, though.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 4:22 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Gmasboy- "I am creating my pot garden next week ... but I celebrate daily in our living habits... we recycle all the time... I normally do not do a garden, but decided on a pot garden this yr..."

You planted marijuana?? J/K

SummerBall

Answer by SummerBall at 1:25 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• We did not do anything. I wanted to take my son to see the movie "Earth" but we did not end up making it. :-(
    SummerBall