Does your husband play video games?

My husband loves him some video games. It is probably the most annoying thing about him. It's NCAA football. I can't play it with him and it's sooooooo annoying to listen to him play it. It's like he thinks his players and the game is real! "Oh babe my team is really coming together this year." THEY AREN'T REAL!!!!!!! Am I the only one who has this problem? It's either this game or Rainbow Six. I don't mind Rainbow Six so much now since he doesn't play it online anymore (he used make us stay home b/c his team "needed him" and they were "counting on him") WTF???? I was like do you even know these people???? But when he does play Rainbow Six and NCAA he always gets really mad and curses and throws the controller. I swear, one day I'm gonna lose it and I'm gonna destroy it.

dawn_misayo

Asked by dawn_misayo at 12:18 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• At my house it is the football and call of duty. I have listened to so many fake football games, that I think I know the whole game by heart.
    1and1make3

Answer by 1and1make3 at 6:27 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• A friend of mine just left her husband because he was so obsessed with playing video games! It got to the point where he was calling out sick from work, missing kids birthday parties.....he has a real problem!
    my_three_sons

Answer by my_three_sons at 12:21 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Yea my boyfriend plays video games and world of warcraft. When he doesn't play world of warcraft he gets moody. Its addicting but it doesn't come between us.
    MomAt15woah

Answer by MomAt15woah at 12:23 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I am so thankful that my husband has never been into video games! I myself am not a video game person either...I just don't see the point of it. My neigbor and her husband play world of warcraft and they are addicted to it. One of them plays from 8pm-12am and then the other plays from 12am-4am...its ridiculous. I would have to say that they are terrible parents for this as well.
    Anonymous

• OMG my boyfriend plays videos games like crazy...its either nba live 08 mlb09 he's always yelling" fuck we lost" or something. doesnt pay attention to me or his daughter who is 11 months old. but heck she yells at him also...but doesnt come out that good LOL. but sometimes i just wanna destroy his ps2.
    Anonymous

• This is why I like Old men. They have no clue how to play video games.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:57 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I'm the oldest gamer in the family, (51) and of *all* the gamers I know, women are the only ones who will drop the controller mid-game to tend to real life. *Horrifies* my grandsons (14)& 17), but it's setting an example.

Seriously, there are games out there for everyone. My preferred genre is survival horror :D. It's a great escape, but yeah, men seem to get way too tied up in it.
    MizKizzy

Answer by MizKizzy at 1:15 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• No my SO doesn't really play video games much but I love them and I play them.
    DaffodilFae

Answer by DaffodilFae at 1:25 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• My hubby is into them too.. Always have been.. Now my daughter likes to play too so at least he has someone to play with now.. I hate them. Parents owned an arcade and I got to play all the time when we were kids so I got it all out of my system. Can't even pick up a controller.. He still plays on line but not too bad.. I figure it's his outlet for stress so I would never tell him to stop..
    Halsmommy

Answer by Halsmommy at 1:50 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• same problem here but its call of duty on wii
    2009mommytobe

Answer by 2009mommytobe at 1:53 PM on Apr. 18, 2009