Do you know anyone who never keeps an eye on their kid (s)?

Yesterday I was at a dentist where they were giving out free dental work. And of course theres a line... so we all had to sit in the parking lot. Anyway A lady had a baby.. he could crawl but not walk. She was allowing him to crawl in the parking lot.. he didnt like it but whats a kid to do. So he was sitting and fell back on the concrete. She took a good 30 secs to pick him up.. he was right next to her. So hours later shes letting him stand in the stroller backwards.. hes falls hit his hit again. I was mad to see this and so where other ppl, noone said anything. Later he was crying shes asked whats wrong. Umm he hit his head twice. dud. Do you know ppl like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• I know someone similar to that - and she no longer has custody of her kids. Not for that, but for physical abuse and refusal to take the parenting classes. To me, such behavior is indicative of a larger problem.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 12:46 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• no i know no one quite like this...and it;s probably a good thing...letting him crawl in the parking lot?!?!? that's just down right wrong!!! it's ppl like this who do not need children, if u don't want ur kid...shit give it to someone that will take care of it...!
    Anonymous

• Ya alot of ppl where pissed! We could hear when his head hit.. I felt so bad. I hope hes ok today...
    Anonymous

• okay i have met people like this and it is wrong. the crawling in the parking lot well unless theres glass or alot of rocks or something like that the kid isnt gonna die from crawling there it will just make him stronger. The part about her running to him after thirty seconds also ok when my kid falls i dont run to her immidieatly unless i saw she obviously got hurt or hit somthing and the standing in the stroller well she shouldnt have let or she should have watched him. My baby is 1 and 5 months and she climbs in her stroller and i tell her no severl times until i just let her until she falls or almost falls so she will get it that shes not supposed to do it.
    chukuku

Answer by chukuku at 12:35 PM on Apr. 18, 2009