im 9 mo preg, and my hips hurt really bad. when the baby moves, my pelvic hurts bad too, is this bad?

pain in hips and pelvic

SloppyJoJosMum

Asked by SloppyJoJosMum at 8:20 PM on Aug. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• No, this is not a bad thing, it is completely normal. The body releases a hormone called Relaxin that loosens all your joints, including in your pelvis. That can make you feel odd, as well as the weight of the baby's head moving lower into your pelvis. You may notice it more after lying down for long periods, such as when getting up in the morning, and it is completely normal. It might help to sleep with a pillow between your legs, but the only way it will stop is when you have the baby.
    Naomidoula

Answer by Naomidoula at 8:25 PM on Aug. 3, 2008

• Im 23 weeks along and this is happening to me. My doctor told me it was just the baby was sitting and stuff. I like the PP answer. But if you still have doubts, it doesnt hurt to call your doctor.
    stampmama

Answer by stampmama at 8:52 PM on Aug. 3, 2008

• Naomi is absolutely correct, but for me it didn't stop until 3 or 4 weeks AFTER I had my baby lol. I still get it occaisonally =(
    gabrielle_x

Answer by gabrielle_x at 10:24 PM on Aug. 3, 2008

• I'm 18 weeks, and the hip pain just started for me. It really disrupts my sleep. I did buy a pregnancy pillow though, and it helps a little.
    QUIBBS

Answer by QUIBBS at 10:39 PM on Aug. 3, 2008

• that kinda happened to me. when he'd move I'd get a huge jult of pain through my hip. Because the baby is sitting so low he/she is probably putting presure on your cyatic nerve ( I know i spelled that wrong, syatic) wich is uncomfy. unfortunently it's just one of them things we gotta deal with ha.
    ACW1232

Answer by ACW1232 at 11:38 PM on Aug. 4, 2008