Does your bathroom smell bad?

My bathroom has this horrible smell to it! Even after I've cleaned it. I think something has died (like an animal) in the walls or maybe a sewer line busted under the house. Has any one else had this problem, if so, what was it???

forevermom75

Asked by forevermom75 at 12:34 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Home & Garden

• After I take a dump.
    Anonymous

• It could be your sewer. Call your city first and see if they come out. Ours will and we don't get charged any extra for it.

Anonymous

• There is a pipe that goes out of the roof isn't there?- something to let air into the system so that the toilet can flush? I don't really understand about it, but I wonder if this has become clogged. If it isn't something dying in the walls, how about rot in the floor or walls from mold?
    Sniff the drain on your sink, is this where the smell is coming from? If so it could be the sewer. Try using a drain cleaner, including taking an old toothbrush and cleaning down the drain as far a it can reach, also use it to clean off the drain closing thingie.

Answer by Bmat at 1:33 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• We just had it remodled so everything from the floors to the walls are new.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 3:57 PM on Apr. 18, 2009