Pads and Tampons

How many of you flush them? I do not. My hubby is a basement waterproofer and a lot of times they will have to unclog folks sewer lines and most of the time why it is blocked is because ladies are flushing those items. So don't flush em ladies!

Just a public announcement. :)

Christine0813

Asked by Christine0813 at 12:45 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I used to flush tampons until the sewer in the apt complex backed up and I saw toilet paper and tampons washed up all over the ground. I can only think some of those were mine.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:41 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I never flush the tampons.
    Anonymous

• I always flush tampons. Never pads.
    Anonymous

• That's good advice. thanks.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:05 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Tampons are made to disolve. You can flush them. It's the pads you throw in the trash. It says "flushable" on the tampon box.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 1:13 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I never do. i'll never forget the one time when I was 17 and living at home, my parents were away on vacation. When they got home the tolet was clogged.. my dad ended up fixing it by removing what it was that was clogging it. It was the condom my bf and I had used.. Thankfully my brother took the fall for that one.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:14 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Who in their right mind would try to flush a pad?
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:19 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Actually, it's the applicator that is but I still wouldn't flush it. It will back up your system. Even flush-able wipes will clog. Telling you from my husbands experience and he has been doing this for twelve years. He has told me many nasty stories and come home literally smelling like poo.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 1:29 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Yeah, I don't flush my pads (I chose not to use tampons). I did have to fish one out of the toilet once though. It wasn't as attached as I thought it was, so as I was standing over the toilet and oulling my undies down, out it flops and right into the toilet it went. Thankfully, I hadn't "went" yet, so it wasn't to bad. I still washed my hands for like 15 minutes after that.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 1:34 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• your supposed to only flush the tampon...not the applicator and NEVER pads...it even says that on the packages...
    Anonymous