when should i let my lil girl know there is a baby in my belly...when should i start preparing her to be a big sissy...she's only 2.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• aww that is soooo sweet! I would tell her as soon as you hear the babys heartbeat so she can get used to the fact of being more responsible and knowing she wont be the baby! good luck and I hope she takes it well
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 1:07 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• With my daughter, who turned two shortly after we found out, we told her when my belly started growing and took her to the appointments so she could at least hear the heartbeat. She also came to visit me in the hospital. We talked to her and got books for her about being a big sister.
    Anonymous

• Now. I told my 2 yr old right away. She is so excited about her baby brother. She has also been learning to be gentle and considerate of others needs because of my being pregnant. We got her some books to read to her too. like little critters the new baby. just keep it simple and basic. I try to include her in picking things out for baby and helping to get ready for him. She is starting to get anxious to play with him. she brings him toys and tries to feed him(my bellybutton is the portal to the baby lol)she tells him stories and shows her books to him. It has been great. Goodluck with yours.

hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 1:14 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• i'm only 7 weeks, but i'm prepping my kids already. my youngest is a mommas boy. so i'm trying to teach him he is a big big and not our 'baby'

the kids like to bounce on us,. so i had to make sure they know they can't anymore. so now they blow raspberrys all the time instead. they are already trying to talk to the baby!! I love my kids. . .I can't wait to have more. :-D
    Anonymous

• My son was 2 when i was pregnant with my daughter and I took him to some appointments with me and he heard her heartbeat but didn't really understand. When i was able to feel the the baby kick i would have him come sit by me and put his hand on my belly to feel her kick or move, he tought that was cool. I don't think he totally understood until we brought her home from the hospital but he did notice right away that my belly wasn't as big and hard as it had been and he thought it was neat having a baby in the house except when she cried lol. Some kids understand better than others but I think if you envolve her in as much as possible she will understand. Good luck.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 1:22 PM on Apr. 18, 2009