Why is this so hard to understand?

Those of us who are against torture don't hold that opinion because we care more about the lives of those who might threaten America. It's because we care so much about the principles and integrity of our country.

We don't love terrorists or want to put them up at the Ritz we want our beloved America to retain our principles and honor the agreements we have signed. Torture is beneath us, we are supposed to be the good guys and better than that.

Friday

Asked by Friday at 1:10 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I AGREE!

Answer by older at 1:19 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Here's the thing that I don't understand: Torture has been scientifically proven time and time again to be not only ineffective but counterproductive. So IMO anyone who truly IS interested in stopping terrorism and obtaining information from anyone who we are holding in captivity would be against torture for that reason alone, if not for other reasons. I think the people who are far it are not very educated on the subject or perhaps misinformed.
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 1:19 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• *for it, not far it
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 1:20 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I don't know... I'm in full agreement with you!
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 1:21 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I think aurorabunny wins a prize - great reply!!
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 1:22 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I think I love you and your purple beanie baby.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:22 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• No torture, just kill them.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 1:24 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• That's a great way to get information. Since dead people talk and all.
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 1:25 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I don't think your intent is bad.I just think the reality is using the soft handed approach proves to do more harm then good.I certainly do not want to turn so soft that our nation starts to get overrun and stepped all over.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:29 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I understand and I do believe that torture is beneath us. On the other hand, we are dealing with people who would have no problem doing much worse to our people. However, why should we lower ourselves to their level.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 1:42 PM on Apr. 18, 2009