Who to see....

If you had a pos. preg. test and then had a period and took another and it came up negative, would you see the ob or the gyn??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Chances are you miscarried. I am so sorry. Most OBs are ob/gyn. Either one. But at this point if you miscarried there's nothing they can do. :(
    Anonymous

• It might have just been a chemical pregnancy. Its when the fertilized egg never implanted.
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 5:44 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• but wouldn't that mean that if you had your tubes tied, that it was failing and you should go to the dr??
    Anonymous

• Actually, a Chemical Pregnancy is when the fertilized embryo implants (because after implantation is when you release the hCG hormone detected in pregnancy tests) but the embryo does not survive. I've suffered one of these myself. My mother suffered one also, after her second round of IVF.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 5:55 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Anyway, the chances are it was a chemical pregnancy. Either way you should see your OB/GYN (I've never heard of one or the other, all of them out here are the same thing.) if you're having any concerns, just in case.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 5:56 PM on Apr. 18, 2009