What do you think of this? Should private co-op farmers have a right to operate?

Link below. Sorry you have to copy-paste

http://www.ftcldf.org/OH-Manna.html

Basically they raided the private family co-op claiming they were a retail operation, stole the family's food supply, and even briefly arrested the family children, aged o-15. These people are NOT "religous nuts" of any sort.

pagan_mama

Asked by pagan_mama at 1:18 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Wth? That's crazy! I grew up with a family that ran a co-op similar to Manna Storehouse. The government was way off base on this one. I will be interested to see what comes of the law suit.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 1:37 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• That is so sad.
    Sad to say its just the start of things to come. It will be interesting to see what side wins in the law suite.
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 1:32 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• YAY for big government sarcasm This is rediculous
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:35 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Is this the case where a college took part in the co op? I think they were arrested because of politics. The company that delivered food to the college complained to the right person.
    smalltowngal

Answer by smalltowngal at 1:37 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• So wrong but this will happen more and more. We are not the land of the free anymore.
    Anonymous

• smalltowngal,

OP here. I don't know about the college. I wouldn't be surprised, but it isn't mentioned in the suit, the on-line news link posted, or the magazine (Organic Gardening) where I first found out about this. If you have more information on this, I would like to know.

pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 2:16 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I read about it a while ago when it first happened. I looked into it where I don't live too far away from it. I'll try and find where I originally read about the raid but not sure if I can.
    smalltowngal

Answer by smalltowngal at 2:26 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Thank you, I'd appreciate it very much. I'm quite interested in this.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 2:46 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• They let rapists and murderers plead down, allow drunk drivers to continue to drive, but prosecute the family farm. *sigh*
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 3:11 PM on Apr. 18, 2009