What to do about a ring...

Ok, so my SO gave me a promise ring last nite, its huge. He told me that no other girl has worn this ring, but his mom has been hanging on to it, so last nite i was sooo excited, but now today when i look at it, well, it looks worn, like someone wore it for a while......My question is would it be rude to confront him about it, or is it the thought that counts?

alicia541

Asked by alicia541 at 1:28 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• he is with you now. if you don't trust him why are you considering marrying him? there could be many explanations about the ring... was it passed through his family? was it stored properly? has he carried it around for a while waiting for the right time? the ring is only a symbol, the relationship itself needs to have honesty and trust.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 2:19 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• always confront a lie BEWARE of his lie and learry of his words, he is a sweet talker.
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:34 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• If you are concerned I would deffinately approach him about it . maybe start by asking why his mom was holding on to it. dont get confrontational as people tend to close up when that happens. Just tell him that you just want to be sure about this ring.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 1:45 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Yea i just wanna know, im not sure if i even want to keep it tho, ugh, i cant wait to talk to him LOL
    alicia541

Answer by alicia541 at 1:53 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Maybe, he bought it used? I would go with your gut, if you're curious I'd ask, nicely. Just be honest, tell him you love it, it means the world to you, & that you're curious why it looks the way it does. If you don't attack, he should take the question for what its worth. Worst case scenario, he lied (about giving it to someone else) & isn't that the kind of thing you rather know now, than find out later? GL!

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 2:00 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• so, if i find out he did give it to another girl, can i give it back, bc im not gonna want it then....
    alicia541

Answer by alicia541 at 2:04 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• he told me he bought it a long time ago, when he was single. i dont know if it was stored properly, but ur rite the ring is just a symbol. thanks!
    alicia541

Answer by alicia541 at 2:29 PM on Apr. 18, 2009