how do I get my 3 year old son to stop toucing his pee pee?

Its contstant, all the time. He sits watching a movie and fiddles with it, It bothers me. I know its normal, but I dont think this way is. Its all the time!

WashuChan

Asked by WashuChan at 4:29 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• When my oldest son started to "explore" his body my husband advised our son that "it" had a shelf life and would be there later. Now my dh asks or ds if he is worried because he is holding his worry stones.
    3krazekydz

Answer by 3krazekydz at 7:24 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• It is a fixation with boys. Keeping telling him no it is nice to do that unless you are in the bathroom. A tight belt or a onesie would do the trick.
    FAHTMOM

Answer by FAHTMOM at 4:36 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I "feel" your pain ..(pun intended)!!!...Divert the attention on this one...if ya talk about it too much, he will be even more fascinated with it...and he will have plenty of time for that later. LOL
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 4:38 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• When you get can get grown men to stop touching them! LOL! in all reality, he's curious, but with my son, if it was erect or overboard, I'd simply say, if you want to touch your penis you have to go in the bathroom or in your room. It depends on how you are planning on raising your kids. I want to be very careful about not giving them any sexual issues, and I know it's completely normal behavior. I do however, think it is a private issue and so I tell my son where he can touch it. It's totally normal for kids though. Use your discretion. If you think it's too much, just tell him if he wants to touch it, to go elsewhere, but if he wants to watch the movie, he has to keep his hands out of his pants. Hope it helps!
    NomadSara

Answer by NomadSara at 4:39 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• THANKS GUYS! Oh! Im so glad im not the only one "Up" on this. LOL!!! Thanks for the pun too!
    WashuChan

Answer by WashuChan at 5:09 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• You don't. Its natural. In our society, touching one's privates is taboo, so parents normally overreact about it. Truth is, that he is just learning his body, it feels good (although its not sexual to him), and he is to young to know that is "not appropriate". My pediatrician warned me against making a big deal out of it...he said it would focus more attention on the issue and give my children complexes about their bodies. So when I see my little boy doing it I just normally redirect his attention to a coloring page or something else dealing w/him hands.
    bgbcmommy

Answer by bgbcmommy at 10:45 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• My daughter used to be teh exact same way. She was constantly sticking her fingers in her crotch; she would run around naked alot for easier potty training. With clothes she had he rhand down her pants/pull up. I told her that if she wanted to taouch herself to go to her room. I explained to her that no one wants to watch her touch herself but if she wants to that ok/great; just not in front of other people. She's 4 and the only time I see her touching it now is when it itches. I also would make her wash her hand everytime I saw it and explained to her about germs. I don't know if she still touches it constantly or not. Either the fascination wore off or she got the hint to do it privately. (I still make her wash her hands everytime she scratched it though-that's just good manners LOL) ;-)
    sarah16

Answer by sarah16 at 11:35 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• yes irritating huh I got very frusterated with my now 9 &1/2 yr old back when he was younger mainly does much less now I would tap his hand consistantly & tell him its not a toy & ask if it hurt
    ouromnifamily

Answer by ouromnifamily at 2:20 AM on Jun. 21, 2008