can anyone tell me if I have to boil lasagna noodles or can I just cook them all together made up?

I'm in a hurry and am making lasagna. But I don't want to boil the regular lasagna noodles. Do I have to or can I cook it all together once I have it made?

kimmy73

Asked by kimmy73 at 1:44 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I'm sure it'd work, but I'd add a little more liquid to the sauce so it soaks into the noodles without drying the whole lasagna out. They sell special no boil lasagna noodles too, Barilla makes them.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 1:58 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I always just stick the noodles in without cooking them. They always cook up fine for me.
    Anonymous

• I've got a recipe that calls for making them unboiled and it calls for adding a cup of water to it. You make it with jar sauce and pour it in the jar and shake it to get all the sauce out. The water is added in the sauce and it comes out fine. PM me if you want the recipe.
    Sue41

Answer by Sue41 at 2:34 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I do it all the time. It is one of our favorites and so much easier.
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 2:38 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I have a recipe too, kids like it because it doesn't have cottage cheese in it, , if you ever want my recipe just ask. Also when you don't cook the noodles it does call for more water and longer cooking time I think, but it probably evens out saving the time cooking the noodles. I am sure this answer is too late for this time, but if you want it in the future just let me know.

Minnesotamom

Answer by Minnesotamom at 7:04 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• we boil ours al dente (sp?) good luck! ~blue
    momofapreemie

Answer by momofapreemie at 8:00 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I used to boil, but don't anymore. I add a little more sauce (especially a good layer on the bottom of the pan) on the noodle layers than I normally would. I just layer away. I only put noodles, sauce, burger and cheese in mine though. It turns out great! Good luck!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 12:23 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• If I don't buy the nocook noodles, then I boil the noodles until almost done, not quite al dente. I come from a long line of Italian ladies and learned how to make lasagna from a young age and make it really good. NO cottage cheese. I put a little sauce in bottom of pan, layer noodles, sauce, hamburger meat (mixed with breadcrumbs, parm cheese and drained chopped spinach and an egg), ricotta cheese, shredded mozz cheese and just keep layering, ending with noodles and sauce. Bake at 375 for about 1 hour.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:25 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I always boil them first. Do my layering and such, then in the oven for about 30 mins. If your in a bigger hurry, you can microwave it b/c everything is already done, you just have to melt the cheese. Maybe 15-20 mins.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 12:14 PM on Apr. 20, 2009