Stretch Marks- any suggestions?

Two weeks to go and they've hit like an atom bomb. What can I do to reduce them? I lather up day and night with cocoa butter, and a plethora of other lotions... there still coming strong.

stenhouse_baby

Asked by stenhouse_baby at 1:50 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Cocoa butter does not work. Reason being there's too much water in it and not enough of the vitamins and oils that do help. The water keeps it from being absorbed far enough into your skin. You can keep using it as a moisturizer because they can get itchy, but at this point I'm sorry to say there's nothing that is going to keep them from getting worse. I was 100% stretch mark free until 38 weeks then BAM they were everywhere!! I started using some Bio Oil around 14 weeks PP and there's been a significant difference! It says to use it twice a day for 3 months, I really only use it 4-5 times a week after I take a shower and still, a huge difference. If that doesn't work for you, when you are done BFing you can talk to a dermatologist about getting some Retin-A. It's Rx strength but is my understanding that it works VERY well. It's just NOT safe for use while pregnant or BFing.
    Lilbeamercomin

Answer by Lilbeamercomin at 2:25 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Nothing I tried helped them, but I loved bathing in baby oil - adding some to my bath water, you just have to be SUPER carefull getting out and make sure that you clean out the oil with some dish soap so that no one else slips.
    Anonymous

• Yep I suggest using some renew lotion it is natural and awsome!! Keeps your skin feeling soft and supple. I would love to help you get some!! The products I use in my home are all eco friendly and kid friendly down to my toothpaste. I converted about three months ago. You can email me or call me for more information. Just message me! Goodluck to you.
    ellies3boys

Answer by ellies3boys at 2:03 PM on Apr. 18, 2009