Cold & Warm Milk?

First Time Mommy Alert!
I have my 8 day old baby on Similac baby formula and I'm having concerns about it being warm and cold. I prefer giving him warm milk but sometimes it i'm not anywhere near somewhere to warm it up.Will the difference upset his tummy?

CandieGirl09

Asked by CandieGirl09 at 2:50 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'd give warm to a little baby like that :) You can make it with warm water.
    Anonymous

• Warm is probably better... but room temp is probably fine. I wouldn't give straight from the fridge that could upset his tummy.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:58 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• My sister-in-law was told to feed cold from the beginning. That the baby didn't care. -it was whatever he or she was used to.

Answer by Bmat at 3:01 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• when DD was first born i always used room temp water to make her bottles. I never heated or refrigerated until she started eating more often (liek she was always hungry) and my mom suggested heating a bottle because warm drinks fill you up more than cold ones and i tried it and she refused room temp bottles from then on out so now i heat them always! If im out somewhere and i cant heat the bottle i will try and give it to her most times she will drink some but rarely finishes a room temp bottle. now though, she is on solids so i switch in some fruit or whatever while were out to satisfy her
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 3:04 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I carried around a thermos filled with hot water. Then when it was feeding time I would just sit the bottle in there for a few minutes.
    dze527

Answer by dze527 at 3:18 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I have given both my daughters room temperature milk- which is not very warm. It's easier in the middle of the night and it is easier when you are out and about. My friend only gave warm bottles- both her kids would throw fits when we would be out and their bottle wasn't warm enough. Plus, they had to find a way to heat everything- even in the middle of the night. Babies don't really have a preference. They just like consistency. If they get used to warm- that's what they want. But if you start with cooler temps- they will get used to that! SO figure out what works for you!
    Greenbeans422

Answer by Greenbeans422 at 11:07 PM on Apr. 18, 2009