crawling

I asked the other day about crawling because my son does not like to be on his tummy so of course he went and changed his ways on me lol :) No he is throwing himself on his tummy and pushing himself up with his feet while he is on there. Does anyone have any idea how long before he will start crawling? Oh yea...he is 7 months old :)

shortleo

Asked by shortleo at 3:08 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Give it a week or so. My DD was the same way, she HATED being on her stomach and then at 7 months she started doing the same thing. The crawled for the first time a day before her 8 month b-day. But once she would go on her stomach, she picked it up fast, within like a week and a half. That's why I say a week or so 'cause it varies from baby to baby.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 3:20 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• There is no way to tell. He may very well lay on his tummy and push with his feet until he decides standing and walking is more fun. Or he could try getting up on his knees tomorrow.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:27 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• The range is huge. My first was up on all fours, rocking back and forth at six months and after a week started crawling. My second did the same thing at five months, but didn't crawl for another two months! He'll get there in his own time. I'm sorry I can't give you a better answer.
    DeTora_Family

Answer by DeTora_Family at 5:12 PM on Apr. 18, 2009