can a 2 month old baby be put on his stomach for playtime or does he have to be older

jesslovesyou08

Asked by jesslovesyou08 at 3:32 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes he can. Tummy time at that age is great for them.
    Duckieglc

Answer by Duckieglc at 3:37 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• yes, its actually good for them. just remember not to let them get too upset and keep them from being face down. also, you can wiggle a colorful toy that makes noise (maybe a rattle) on the floor in front of them to encourage them to lift their head.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 3:39 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Personally, I think a child on their tummy is not a bad thing. I know all the drs and nurses say to have your child sleep on their backs, but my son just would not sleep this way, he had to be on his tummy to sleep and durring the day, we would lay him on him tummy on the floor and just play, he would giggle, it is no more harmful than them laying on their backs. just remember to keep and eye on them, as always for safety reasons. Hope this helps.
    charmedbabe

Answer by charmedbabe at 3:39 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Yeah, tummy time is good from around birth on up. My daughter is almost 5 months and now she likes tummy time she never did before lol.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 3:41 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• yup
    ConnorsMommy521

Answer by ConnorsMommy521 at 3:59 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Babies should have tummy time from birth.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:01 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I started tummy time before two months. When my daughter was a newborn I put her on her stomach for a few minutes at a time.
    Anonymous

• Of course! It is something you should do every day from birth.
    MammaShawna

Answer by MammaShawna at 4:28 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I started tummy time when my daughter was about two weeks old, after her cord stump fell off. She also sleeps on her tummy, which I wouldn't recommend for everyone, but it works for us.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:58 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• tummy time is an important part of a child's development. it strengthens their neck muscles and can help prevent plagiocephaly. at two months, they are safe to have tummy time. if your baby needs some assistance, you can use a boppy pillow to help them. just lie the boppy underneath baby so that kiddo's arm are hanging over the boppy and chest is lying on boppy. never leave baby unsupervised. twenty minutes of tummy time a day at that age is excellent, but don't force it if baby gets upset. you want to your baby to enjoy tummy time and not come to dread it. my DD had torticollis and tummy time was an important part of her physical therapy. hope this helps! :)
    rachelsmommy78

Answer by rachelsmommy78 at 5:30 PM on Apr. 18, 2009