Changing Tables

Would anyone happen to know of any court cases involving changing babies in public and sexual predators?

I'm doing a presentation on the public policy of the need for changing stations in all public bathrooms.

Also, if you have had any bad experiences with there not being a changing table in the bathroom I would appreciate it if you would allow me to use your testimony. (ex: there was no changing table at the truck stop bathroom and so you had to change him/her on the nasty floor with dirt and bugs...)

Deathlilly

Asked by Deathlilly at 3:35 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• I layed the stroller down flat and changed my son when there was no changing table in the only bathroom inside the gate waiting area at a small airport. I was still in the bathroom though.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 4:38 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• i was traveling with my neice and we stopped to get dinner & gas & the chaning table was broken so I had to change her diaper in the truck, I wasnt going to put her on the floor to change her even if it was on her portable changing pad
    marinesweetie

Answer by marinesweetie at 8:10 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Every time my husband and I go out I end up being the one that has to change our son because the men's bathrooms have no changing tables. What about those single fathers out there!? Our local mall finally made a "Family Bathroom" for families to go in together to change babies or breastfeed in private, but nowhere else. There have been times where my husband had our son while I wasn't around and had to change him in the car because he was afraid to put him on the floor.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 8:21 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I agree there should be more family rest rooms and I also think they should have child sized potty's in bathrooms!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 9:01 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• NEVER change the child on the floor. I changed my kids on my lap in the stall if I had to or on the sink, ,but NEVER on the floor! Family bathrooms and cahgning tables in the mens room also are needed in more places. My DH is a SAHD and he has to take our daughter in the mens room with him. Taking a boy into the women's room isn't bad because we go into the stall, but the men are standing at the urinals with it hanging out. Granted she is only 22 months, but still.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Apr. 19, 2009