• In the Spotlight:

is it normal to not have an appetite(SP?) before labor begins?

im 39 weeks and i remember with my first when i started having even the lighter contractions i didnt eat , didnt want to . it got worse with the harder contractions . i maybe ate once or twice in 4 days .
now im feeling the more constant a little more painful contractions and i am justnot hungry anymore . is that normal ? i also feel my self getting more dehydrated even tho i drink water like crazy . could it be that labor is coming soon?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Different people have different symptoms. Before labor, many women have loose stools. It is the body's way of getting rid of needless waste and clearing itself out before labor begins. Perhaps loss of appetite is part of that too, keeping you from putting anything in? Who knows. Most women I knew were really hungry during labor. At 39 weeks and only a week or so to go, labor is most definitely around the corner. If you feel thirsty, drink. It is your body's way of telling you that it needs more.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 3:54 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I doubt it. I was Starving during my labor
    Anonymous

• i wasnt with my first. i didnt want to even hear food.
    i didnt eat til the evening after i had my son . then it was only a couple slices of pizza
    Anonymous

• ok thanks..
    Anonymous