What is it with men and poopy diapers???

What is it with men and poopy diapers? They gag and SWEAR they are going to puke if they even SMELL poopy diapers. What is the big deal??? When my daughter has a poopy diaper, I just change it. I don't want to throw up or gag! It's not that big of a deal!

Fallaya

Asked by Fallaya at 3:52 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My dh did that to me only once or twice. After that, he learned to shut up and changed that dirty diaper. My ds messed in his diaper, I got mad when my dh wouldn't change him. I grabbed my keys and told him that I was leaving & that I would be back in a few hours. When I calmed down and went back home, our ds was in a clean diaper. I calmly told dh that as he was the father, I need help even with the gross stuff. When requested, he never refused to change a dirty diaper again. (My dh was afraid to put a cloth diaper on our ds. I made sure to have some disposables available.) Let me tell you that, if he had refused again, I was going to start plotting on how to get the smelly message across. ;-)
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 11:38 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• They're ridiculous.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:54 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Because guys are wussies. LOL
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 3:58 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I don't give my husband the option, he helped create them, there are times when it gags me, but still have to change diapers.
    Anonymous

• I don't like men with poopy diapers.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 4:16 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I think most men use that as an excuse to get out of doing diaper changes, you know like how some women use the "I have a headache" line.
    Anonymous

• My boyfriend isnt like that - he changes them like I do without fussing.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 4:28 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I don't know. They certainly don't have a problem breathing their own noxious fart smell all the time.
    Mommy2aQT

Answer by Mommy2aQT at 4:45 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• my husband and father in law are the same way! i don't get it at all because my husband will change a pee pee diaper. my DD's poopy diapers don't bother me at all....
    rachelsmommy78

Answer by rachelsmommy78 at 5:19 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• My husband won't change CLOTH diapers. WTH is that??? So, DS wears a disposable for nighttime, because he pees a LOT, but if he poops in it, I make hubby take care of it... honey.... the baby pooped, and he's wearing a DISPOSABLE!
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:39 PM on Apr. 18, 2009