• In the Spotlight:

how can i help my sister-in-law with potty training my neice?

my neice is going to be 2 on the 6th of may and we want her to start using the big girl toilet. what are good ways to encourage her to go and use the little kids toilet? please some advice.

nancy121308

Asked by nancy121308 at 4:12 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If she has a favorite candy, your sister can let your neice see her put it on the fridge and if she asks for it she has to tell her something like... you can have one everytime you go potty... and when she goes potty let her have one... it also works with toys. She can allow her to play with the toy for a short period after she uses the potty or while she is on the potty.
    ArtisticHPfan

Answer by ArtisticHPfan at 4:18 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Awarding her is the best way, You have to make sure they know when they go to the pody they get a reward, so its more fun and doesnt seem like a chore.
    my friend used a big glass jar filled with assorted small candy's.
    It works like a charm.
    Juhhmell

Answer by Juhhmell at 7:01 PM on Apr. 18, 2009