Where did the Spaghetti Monster start?

I'm browsing Youtube & read this in the comments:

"And remember, everyone, The Flying Spaghetti Monster loves YOU. He is waiting for you to accept Him into your stomach.

My you be touched by His noodley appendage.

May you be nourished & sustained by His energetic carbs & body-building proteins.

May you find exultant joy in His tangy tomato sauce. He is the "sauce" of all things.

Ramen, brothers and sisters."

Who can tell me the genius (or idiot, depending on who you're talking to lmao) that created this pseudo-religion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• FSM is a parody, but many people look at it as a legitamite religion, so FSM has real followers like any other religion. I love it. You can check out thier website..http://www.venganza.org/
    Ziggy-Stardust

Answer by Ziggy-Stardust at 4:59 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• seriously?It's just funny,not a religion! Who would worship a spaghetti monster?
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 4:38 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Funny how I've seen Chrsitians on this very site saying how stupid FSM sounds when their beliefs sound just as strange and ridiculous...
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 5:35 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• IhartU.......that's the whole point of the FSM! :)
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 5:44 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• If you go to www.venganza.org you will find the original 'Flying Spaghetti Monster' letter, which was written to a Kansas school board in response to their decision to teach intelligent design alongside evolution. The point that the satire was intended to make was that if you are going to teach one creation theory, you need to teach them all, thus the author insisted they split the time into three parts and teach evolution, intelligent design, and his own view, which was the idea that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. Then it kind of spun off from there. Personally I love the satire. And my dh wants to go to FSM heaven, with it's beer volcano and stripper factory!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 7:00 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Everyone is welcome to join me at Flying Spaghetti Monster Group here at cafe mom, I think all you need is a sense of humor. I'm still trying to track down a copy of the book.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 7:38 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I LOVED the book it's The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster by Bobby Henderson and I got it from Amazon.

Google "Invisible Pink Unicorn" too if you like FSM

RAmen!
    ASunny

Answer by ASunny at 8:50 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• There is a FSM group on this site. The creator Bobby Henderson started it in protest to teaching intelligent design along side evolution is public schools. it just sort of took off from there.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:58 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I wrote the 10 Commandments for him in April 2008!!!

1.Thou shalt not have any other pasta before me.

2.thou shalt not slurp thy noodle's.

3.thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's dinner.

4.thou shalt not sneeze on me.

5.thou shalt not let me roll under thy bush.

6. Thou shalt love me and cover me with Parmesan cheese.

7.Thou shalt not us canned sauce.

8. Thou shalt have garlic bread from the over.

9. Thou shalt not eat spagetti-O's

10.Thou Shalt eat of my noodly goodness all the day of your life.

lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 9:21 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Go here for his picture

lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 9:23 PM on Apr. 18, 2009