What's the longest you've ever been away from you child/children?

For me, the longest I've ever been away from my DD is 4 hours.

ABPeterson

Asked by ABPeterson at 4:36 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• The longest I have been away from my DD is 2 weeks. I was in the middle of a move from FL to SC and my parents kept her until we were settled. That was the longest 2 weeks of my life I was calling every day at least once to check on her.
    Mudfishzgirl

Answer by Mudfishzgirl at 4:42 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• 4.5 hours away from my daughter, who's 18 months. We nurse, so any longer than that isn't an option (and frankly, nothing could keep me away any longer!).
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 4:53 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• When I remarried, I left my daughter for 8 days while we went on our honeymoon. She was almost 8 yrs. old. She stayed with my mom & dad who she adores so I didn't worry about her at all. But she had never been apart from me for longer than overnight before then. I have not left her that long since then & don't plan to again until she is much older.
    madsmom11597

Answer by madsmom11597 at 5:08 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• My eldest is 6... I've been away from my kids for about 7-8 hours tops, and that was one time last fall when I was shopping for bridesmaid dresses with my sisters.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 5:25 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• my girls used to spend one week every summer with their dad.
    My son It was 4 days. After I gave birth to him I had to be transported to another hospital and we were apart for those first 4 days. My husband stayed with him though so he wasn't without a parent. Did irritate me to have my husband getting close buddy buddy with the nurses to the point he was hanging out behind the nurses station relaxing until our son would wake up.
    Anonymous

• my daughter is 3 the longest is overnight. husband is nav y so before he deploys or when he gets home we will get a room for a few days so we can go out and have a drink or do whatever we want ;) ;) and she stays at grandmas house. we will spend the day with her doing fun stuff, zoo aquarium lunches out etc...then drop her off at grandmas for dinner and pick her up for breakfast or brunch.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 5:44 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• My DD is 16 months old and the longest I have been away from her is a weekend. My sister wanted to have her spend the night and give me and hubby a little break/alone time =]
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 6:08 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• This is the longest that I have ever been away. Her grandparents picked her up last night, because I had to study for a test and they wanted to bring her to church this morning. So then they went to the flea market and then stopped by without her diaper bag or anything. Just so I could visit with her and then said they want her until tomorrow morning. I miss her, but I enjoy the break. I trust them completely with her. I think they love her as much as I do. I haven't turned the tv on at all. It has been so long where I could hear nothing but the ceiling fan and outside. On a sad note, the weather is so nice that I could be at the park with her right now. Oh well, its just beginning to get warm.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:35 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• one week when my son was 7 weeks old because I was in the hospital for surgery. It really sucked and i NEVER want to do that again. I missed him like crazy.
    myangel21

Answer by myangel21 at 8:02 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• well i was put in the hospital for 2 and a half months so i was away form them for 2and a half months
    brie08172009

Answer by brie08172009 at 8:52 PM on Apr. 18, 2009