Thankx for the answers,i need another question answered please!Im havein surgery on monday and am having difficulty stockpiling enough milk for 24 hrs as i cand breast feed her after surgery for 24 hrs and she does not seem to like the Good Start formula i have any sugesstions as to what kind of formula might have a better result or another way to get enough milk for 24hrs since ive been drinking water till it feels like my teeth are floating and still not able to have milk to feed her and to st

Please help?

Asked by DenaCraig at 4:30 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Pump often the more stimulation the more milk you will produce, try doing it after you nurse to even if you don't get anything the stimulation is what you are going for

Answer by hmsfroggy at 4:52 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I agree with the pp you should pump more when you have the free time. good luck!

Answer by 1boy1girl4me at 5:20 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I have read that drinking half a beer will double Milk production... Google that and see what it says. Also My son would take the pre mixed formula in an emergency. (had the stomach flu very bad once during BF) It must taste better.

Answer by Simonsmama at 5:58 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• the beer things never worked for me, depending how old ur baby is u can ultrernate giving milk, water and juice for 24 hours it wont hurt, and when this same things happened to me 2 yr.s ago this Augest I gave my son infamil with lipids. Unfortunetly for me he never again took my boob. But I didn't even think to give him milk, water and juice. Keep pumping, when i'm engorged I can pump about 9 oz's from one boob.

With my little girl who is 4 months, I bf her then pump right after it works great I end up with at least 12 extra oz's a day

Answer by nattyrf511 at 6:36 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Just Enfamil 'closest to the breast' I gave my daughter that while I was breastfeeding. She loved it. And hated everything else.

Answer by ZOSO at 6:47 PM on Jun. 20, 2008