Having fat kid is just as bad as smoking around your kids?

I think NOT! You cant always control 100% through out everyday what a child eats. Esp if your child goes to daycare, school, friends they eat @ other places. And treat every now and then wont kill you. Now smoking around them will harm a kid. Its not like comparing apples and oranges at all. What a silly statement. What do yo think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• What is with the holier than thou attitudes today? Yes, smoking around your kids is bad. Yes, being overweight is unhealthy. The difference though is that some kids are overweight not because the parent feeds them junk all the time, but genetics. My bff when I was growing up was like that. She was a little overweight, but her mother always kept her on a healthy diet. She was just built bigger than most kids and has always struggled with her weight. Smoking on the other hand is not genetic. You picked up the habit and you can quit, or at least not do it around your kids. I really don't care if a person smokes or not as long as I don't have to breathe in that smoke. I don't care if a person is overweight or not (unless they're wearing a thong bikini--but those look bad on skinny ppl too), I just want people to take care of their kids the best way they know how.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:27 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• With all the information out there today about the effects of smoking and second hand smoke how could anyone in their right mind smoke in a car with their children.

I think that if you want to kill yourself or pollute your own body then go ahead, but why do people have to subject their children to this?
    Anonymous

• In Orgean and also maine its a law you cant smoke in a car with children! I say Amen to this!!!
    Anonymous

• I think video games are bad for them as well. And not reading to them, or brushing their teeth 3X/day, or making them drink 8 glasses of water and two glasses of milk...do you see how far I can stretch this out? lol both lifestyles are unhealthy, imo, stinky smokers and overly obese both need a lifestyle change.
    Anonymous

• I agree kids shouldnt play video games and eat candy all day... But its a fact smoking is worse. I guess all the smokers are gonna disagree. Even if I smoked I would have enough respect for my kid and others not to subject them. Very sad.. not the same as letting them have kool- aid and not water. :(
    Anonymous

• Being fat sometimes has more reason to it than JUST overeating or eating unhealthy foods. It can be a medical problem, especially when obesity runs in the family.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 4:59 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• In my OP smoking while prengnant is wayyyyy worse. Give your child a chance at least. Thats putting your baby @risk before it even takes a breath. Geez... smoking while pregnant should be ilegal!
    Anonymous

• I think that the police should really stop looking for all the drug dealers, child molestors and killers and really start lookin for all the really bad people. you know the ones that smoke around thier kid, vaccinate, swear, formula feed, spank, give them any kind of sweets, ect. really I mean these parents are only breeding bad adults..lets get em before they totally screw up the kids and keep this world perfect for all the perfect people.
    Anonymous

• "I think that the police should really stop looking for all the drug dealers, child molestors and killers and really start lookin for all the really bad people. you know the ones that smoke around thier kid, vaccinate, swear, formula feed, spank, give them any kind of sweets, ect. really I mean these parents are only breeding bad adults..lets get em before they totally screw up the kids and keep this world perfect for all the perfect people."

Hahah.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 5:18 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Actually recent medical studies are revealing that being obese is just as bad for you as smoking. Obesity kills more people in America than ANYTHING--smoking included. Obviously neither one is good for you, but comparing one to the other isn't as ridiculous as some seem to think.
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 5:19 PM on Apr. 18, 2009