OPK question..so confused?

Okay, I have been using an OPK to track my ovulation. I finally got a positive result on Thursday. Then just to check to see if my surge ended I tested on Friday and it was still positive! So, today out of curiosity I tested again, and I am still positive! What is going on? Is this normal? When am I supposed to ovulate?
15 minutes ago - 4 days left to answer.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Loads of women get positives 3 or 4 days in a row, but you won't be actually ovulating if you're still getting positives, because he OPK is detecting the surge that comes before you ovulate.

My adivce is to keep doing the deed once a day until you stop testing positive, and then do it for the next two days afterwards.
    Good luck!
    Anonymous

• My first question would have to be, are you sure you're getting a positive? Most of the strip tests will have a line for a few days, but not be a true positive until the line is as dark as the control line. If the test line is coming up that dark for so many days, I don't know!
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 5:09 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• It's normal to have an LH surge for a 2-4 day stretch. However, if the test line is not as dark as or darker than the control line, it is not a positive.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 5:53 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• What I did was I got one pack of the way expensive digital test to confirm my what I thought could be positive line test. If I thought I got a pos line I would test again with the digital. The one digital pack would last for a couple of months wile I used to cheap ones for the negatives. This sounds really stupid but I can't figure out how to explain it better. Sorry if it is confusing.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:36 PM on Apr. 18, 2009