sucking on wipes! WTH!!!!

my 10 month old DD has very recently started snatching up her pampers sensitive wipes and pampers clean and go wipes. i've heard from other moms that it is very normal for LO to pull all the wipes out of their containers, but now she has started chew on them. i tried giving her toys to chew on and even cut up a burp cloth to give her to chew, but she keeps trying to snatch up the wipes! is this normal behavior?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• DD did this a lot- I had to hide the wipes from her cause of it.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 5:11 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• my 10 month old does this too.. both of my girls did it. its probably a teething thing.. i cant see them tasting that great lol. as long as there not eating a wipe and just chewing on them occasinally it cant do that much damage could it?
    amandap1705

Answer by amandap1705 at 5:21 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Ivy went through that phase too. She super sucked them. Lol. But it passed.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 5:56 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• My daughter TRIES to do that STILL and she is 16 months old, but she doesn't know how to open the wipe box =] And if she figures that out, I will just keep them out of reach. Yes, its normal.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 6:03 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Babies fixate on odd things. Make sure you're using ones without scent, as they're less likely to contain chemicals that can irritate her.

It might also be beneficial to mention to the pedi. Sometimes doing "odd" things like wanting to chew on paint chips or eat ice can signify a vitamin deficiency. Or maybe she's just thirsty? Who knows. I mean, kids eat paste! :)
    Gruntlings

Answer by Gruntlings at 6:39 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• She probably likes the feel of them on her gums. Try using a thin damp cool washcloth or dampened pieces of flannel- soft, cool, with a little give. Have you tried the teething rings with a gel in them that you freeze (or refrigerate)? Nice and cool on the baby's gums.

Answer by Bmat at 7:42 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• That is so funny!!! I have a 3 mon old I know what I have to look forward too. All I can think of is how wipes are cool, it may just feel good wile shes teething. My friends baby is about that age she puts everything in her mouth. I wouldn't worry but If you could always bring it up with your doc next visit
    HeidilovesNyla

Answer by HeidilovesNyla at 8:07 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• My son is almost 11 months old and puts EVERYTHING in his mouth :)
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 8:58 PM on Apr. 18, 2009