Permanent Marker on the walls...

UGH so my 17month old FINALLY did it.. He found a Sharpie permanent marker and drew on the white walls. Is there anything I can do to clean it off? Or is painting the only option? Thanks!

BEXi

Asked by BEXi at 5:19 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• LOL!!! I just scrapbooked pics of my son and Sharpie Marker drawings on his walls. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser takes Sharpie Marker off the walls. You may have to scrub a little but they work wonders. If you decide to paint, use Killz before painting of the Sharpie Marker will bleed through the paint. Please say you took pics? They are great for blackmail later on. LOL!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:43 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• mr clean magic eraser works on my walls :-) gl!!
    Wildkitten82

Answer by Wildkitten82 at 5:21 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Mr. Clean Magic Eraser is awesome!
    Anonymous

• I third that...Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Have fun, you'll be cleaning up ALL of your walls ;)
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 5:22 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• try the magic eraser, though (sorry!) I dont think that will get it off. Painting will work. To make it easier, try spray painting over it. Or for a cheaper fix, put a picture over it lol
    And keep away the sharpies!!
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 5:23 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• YAY I have one of those, only its generic... ill try it out. :D thanks ladies!
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 5:24 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• lol rayray, luckily its just a small section to the right of the computer desk.. little booger.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 5:25 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Oh man, that thing will clean up anything! We had sharpie on the wall, that's why we bought it, but then didn't want to throw it away quite yet. There was highlighter on the black part of the tv...took it right off. Cleaned up the sinks real nice, whiter than bleach (though I can't say it sanitized!)
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 5:28 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• careful with the mr clean brand magic eraser, it will literally take varnish off of wood! i had permanent marker on an old table otherwise perfect condition and i was like well worked on paint...so started going to town when i was done i saw that i had stripped the varnish right off!
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 5:42 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• MAGIC ERASERS WORK GREAT
    kylesboo

Answer by kylesboo at 6:07 PM on Apr. 18, 2009