Mommies to be fainting???

The other day I got extremely nauseated, and extremely hot/dizzy... I walked outside to get fresh air and ended up fainting?? Anyone have this similar problem.. Im about 6 months along... so very confused

WalkerBaby1

Asked by WalkerBaby1 at 5:30 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i have that problem had it with my first to .
    my dr said to drink cold water and eat soemthing loaded with iron . that helped me .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:32 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• It could be beause of blood pressure. It changes in pregnancy, and it is better for you to sit/stand up slowly than to just jump up like you used to. I fainted and had a seizure at about 8 weeks along after they took my blood ( but I think it was because of that reason). And for goodness sakes, recognize the signs you are going to faint so you can sit/lay down and not bang your head. Or your belly!
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 5:33 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• it happened to me with my first i never actually fainted but came awful close a few times, with this one only got dizzy where i felt i had to sit once; eat something full of iron like Mrs.Owen said, drink water, SIT, get outta the sun if you are in it (if you are outside and can not go in sit in the shade). i started to carry a bottled water and a ziploc baggie of trail mix in my purse, that way if i was in line at the bank or somewhere where i couldn't get to what i needed food/drink wise i could just pull that out. and i plopped my butt down right there on the floor in line places quite a few times. its better than passing out, people will either look at you like you are crazy or ask if you are ok. usually 50/50
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 5:40 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• It's happened to me twice. Last time I was preggo I fainted and ended up having a miscarriage

This pregnancy I was about to pass out but reconized the signs and sat down and took deep breaths..Baby is fine. =)
    No clue why this happens, but it's plenty scary.
    babymomma4

Answer by babymomma4 at 5:46 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I actually asked my doctor about this 2 days ago. I'm about 7 1/2 months along and notice myself that if I stand or walk around for 30 minutes or longer I feel as if i'm about to puke and faint. She told me that happens because the uterus and the baby put so much pressure on the arteries that the blood can get down to the legs and feet but has a hard time getting back up to the upper part of your body and therefore can't get as much oxygen through your system as you need due to the poor blood flow. If your at home or even in the passenger seat of your car, lean back and prop up your legs. It helps.
    JennBroome

Answer by JennBroome at 7:03 PM on Apr. 18, 2009