How did you tell your Significant other you contracted a STD ?

If you did.
Or Did you tell him ??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:40 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• well I don't have any but if I did it be from him because hes the only one i'm with sexually!
    kylesboo

Answer by kylesboo at 6:02 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• When me and my SO first did the deed, i caught something from him. When i found out, i thought really hard on whether or not i should tell him and stay with him, or run away and take care of myself and let him suffer since he gave it to me to begin with. Naturally I was furious but of course, I pulled him aside one night and just broke it down to him. I said "I was tested before I was with you, came up clean and now I'm not. I don't want to leave you over something I'm sure you didnt know about so tomorrow morning, were getting treated."..He was really good about it, apologized and still to this day thanks me for telling him because who knows if he would have ever found out and got more serious problems from it.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 6:10 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• my x gave me one years ago. He was scared to tell me so had the clinic call me. Needless to say that's one reason he's an x husband!

Answer by admckenzie at 6:51 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I am sitting here thinking how'd I tell someone if I had one......good question. I guess I'd assume he gave it to me (or at least act like it) and tell him to go get tested. Are you sure he didn't give it to you? Wow, this is sticky wicket. Good luck on this.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:53 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• My ex gave me one, but he never told me, and I was too naive to think of it. I found out after I had the youngest, and I thought I got it when I was molested as a child. Then I thought about it and realized that if that were the case, the tests with the previous pregnancies would've come back positive as well, but that didn't happen.

He's an ex for many, many reasons...
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 7:58 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I stupidly had a fling with a guy, and within days of having (protected) sex, I came up with an STD. I know for a fact I was clean before him. So I told him and he denied it was him. After giving him the info about this STD we now shared, he is asymptomatic (shows no signs), he realized it was him and knew who he got it from. I was furious with him, but he claims he didn't know.

When my DH and I were dating I didn't tell him right away. After 2 months, I finally told him. He was mad, rightfully so. Luckily, I have never passed it to him or any of our children. We have been very careful for the last 5 years. It wasn't easy, but I didn't want him to go through what I went through. I'd rather know up front, even if it is embarrassing.
    autiemommy2

Answer by autiemommy2 at 4:11 AM on Apr. 19, 2009