"Aw your baby is so cute!"

Do people always come up to you and tell you how cute your baby is?

I was running errands today and at least 5 different people came up to tell me how cute he was. Some lady went on for like 5 mintues. I dont really mind, cuz he is pretty darn cute, lol. Do people always come up to you to tell you how cute your baby is? Do you like it or does it annoy you?

AdensMommy1107

Asked by AdensMommy1107 at 6:00 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• All the time! I live near a lot of 55+ neighborhoods so sometimes it is to the point where "runnning" into a store turns into an hour long challenge. I usually get a grandma who wants to tell me all about her grandchildren and how my son looks JUST like him!
    I don't mind it usually. I know my mom does the same thing to women all the time. When it does bother me it isn't particulary the person stopping to chat it is the fact that this is the tenth person stopping me in the last 15 minutes!
    I am flattered that people want to tell me how cute my kids are and are interested in their names and ages. So I guess I would rather stop and chat than always be ignored. I have come to expect and enjoy it. Babies are only little for a short time. I know that no one is gonna stop and chat with me about how cute my teen boys are. So I will enjoy this short time.
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 6:05 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• It happens to me all the time. I can't honestly remember the last time we went somewhere when someone hasn't stopped us :) It makes me very proud of my son!!
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 6:10 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Oh yes, people say stuff all the time. I always have her all dolled up too. She looks like a little princess. I get a lot of comments on her cheeks!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:17 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Yeah they do. The only time I think it is weird is when they start going on and talking like I know them or something o.O
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 6:38 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I had this old man stop in the grocery store the other day in the cheese aisle and just talk and talk to her. Like 5mins. I was so suprized because it wasnt a women and usually only women say that stuff.

Sometimes I regret that I have to take her out everywhere because ppl are ALWAYS talking about her and stopping me. But its nice to know that my baby is beautiful and sociable with people too
    HunnysFarAway

Answer by HunnysFarAway at 6:41 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• My DS has blonde hair and blue eyes. I live in a country where children are born with dark hair and dark eyes. When we go out my child is the center of attention. We went to a fesitval last weekend and I set out a blanket for DS and I to sit on. People literally stopped and gathered around to play with him. The nationals in this country (Japan) are not used to seeing American babies (except on TV).
    mag12305cmg

Answer by mag12305cmg at 6:47 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• mag12305cmg- "I had a friend stationed in korea who could relate. He said anytime he took his baby out the nationalists were always wanting to touch and play and hold his son. He said they are just naturally baby ppl, which of course isnt a bad thing.
    Anonymous

• Yup, this happens to us a lot. I think it depends on my mood for the day when it comes to my reaction. If I'm in a hurry, I find it annoying. If I'm just bumming around, no set time to be home, it's flattering that people think he's cute and want to oogle at him.

I know I'll miss the days like these when my son's a teenager. I don't think people are going to say much to him then!
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 8:33 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• The only thing that annoys me is when they say she looks just like the Gerber baby. They said that about both of my daughters. And I'm thinking, I don't even think the Gerber baby is cute. My daughter is MUCH cuter!
    Anonymous

• All the time. I hate when people touch him though.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 9:28 PM on Apr. 18, 2009