Are you ever disgusted by the behavior of “your team?”What I mean is do dislike being associated with a group of people because of the way they act.

Are you ever disgusted by the behavior of “your team?”
For example:
You are a Christian, but hate the way other Christians treat people.
You home school, but think other home school moms are pushy about it.
You are a Republican, but hate the way other Republicans talk about the president.

I for one am a long term breast feeder, but I can’t stand the way some moms on here go after moms for using formula. That’s why I also stick up for the formula feeding moms. Some of us have a really tough time breastfeeding and understand that everyone can’t do it.
Do you ever stick up for people who make choices different than yours?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:05 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My team would be the teenage/young mother team. And I HATE it when there is that small group of younger moms that are just stupid and dont take their responsibility seriously. Because then that affects how other people judge me, and they make the assumption that im a bad mother because of the way other girls in my "team" are. Sometimes I dont even like admitting that im a teen mom because I know people will associate me with those that give us a bad name.
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 6:11 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Here we go..............

Leave it alone.
    Anonymous

• you can call BS all you want, but I am still breastfeeding my son who is almost 2.

Formula feeders don't need to squash breastfeeds. The rude and obnoxiousbehavior of some BF moms on here makes all us look pushy and arrogant.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 6:23 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• AdensMommy1107 thanks for understanding what I was asking about. I really didn't want to get into a breastfeeding debate. Sometimes I am embarrassed to say I long term BF because people sometimes associate it with a certain type of behavior. I just wanted to know if anyone else had the same feelings.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 6:25 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• It's true that a VERY TINY FEW women really can't breastfeed. That doesn't make the CHOICE to use formula is a good one. Formula is for those who CAN'T breastfeed. I had a tough time breastfeeding, but I was in no way "unable".

But as for the question, not really. I don't exactly have a team. There are people like me and people different from me. Both have tons of opposing ways and opinions. I do defend those who do things differently usually cause I want to do as they do or understand why. I defended cloth diapering when I used disposables, I defend gay marriage even though I'm engaged to a guy, I defend home schoolers even though I'll probably do private schooling, etc.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 6:37 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I don't like the way some people on welfare act. Those that do drugs and abuse the system REALLY piss me off. Makes people like me look bad.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:51 PM on Apr. 18, 2009