is it normal to be passing blood clots 4 months after giving birth?

I had my son dec 9th and everytime i have a period i will pass blood clots they are a little smaller then last month but still kind of big i dont remember if i did before because i had my daughter over 5 years ago. i do want to go back on the pill but now that im older..27, am worried about the risks of blood clots /strokes, heart attacks etc...
how much longer/how many more months should i expect to have heavy periods and be passing clots?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:18 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Health

• I would not think it was but then I'm not a dr. Those should have stopped by now. Maybe you should just call your dr to make sure.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:25 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I'm not sure what causes the "clotting" but I've had it from tiem to time and always been told unless they are HUGE (like...half the palm of your hand or larger) then they are normal. Sometimes after having a baby your cycles are just altered. If they are super duper heavy and you are filling up pads or tampons left and right, I would talk with your doctor right away.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 8:54 PM on Apr. 18, 2009