How do you cook hamburgers?

I don't really need advice, lol, just curious about how different people do it. DH hates the way I put water in the pan to keep the burgers from burning while I walk away and do other things. I like to mix my seasonings into the ground meat along with some minced onions.

LunasMama

Asked by LunasMama at 6:23 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I mix the ground beef with parm cheese, salt, pepper, Lawrys seasoning salt, soy sauce, an egg and bread crumbs. I either cook on the stove in a skillet (NO water, there is enough fat to cook the burgers) or I cook them on the grill. I also use this for meatloaf and meatballs. I have also added diced onions to the mix.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:20 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I also mix in the seasonings. I make two thin patties and put sauteed mushrooms and onions between them. Stuffed burgers...mmmm.
    Anonymous

• I do the same as you, I mix my seasonings into the patties. I think it makes them much more flavorful.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 6:48 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I mix an envelope of onion soup mix and a little catsup in. Perhaps if there is a problem with putting the water in, you could use a non-stick pan or spray some cooking spray in. Cook the burgers on medium until brown, flip, cook, turn heat down until done. You could still walk away after a couple minutes.- or you could be doing other stuff in the kitchen while waiting for the browning.

Answer by Bmat at 7:12 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I put Boca Burgers and Garden Burgers in the toaster oven. Top with cheddar. Serve on whole grain buns with mustard, ketchup, pickles, relish, horseradish. And a side of sweet potato fries.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:52 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I get the patties to the very thickness I want them beforehand. It's not a good idea to squish them down with a spatula while they're cooking (whether it's in a pan or on a grill.) That makes all of the yummy juices seep out. I like mixing in some garlic salt.
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 11:44 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Usually I just sprinkle seasonings on them, because I'm used to cooking for my dad who likes just plain beef, no seasonings. Then hubby throws them on the grill or I cook them up in a pan. I prefer the grill. I don't have to clean that.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 12:06 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• We always cook ours on the grill. Sometimes I use beef, sometimes I do turkey. I usually mix in some finely onions, minced garlic, egg, whatever seasonings I feel like, some whole wheat breadcrumbs, worcestershire and pop 'em on the grill. Topped with cheese, ketchup & bbq sauce (or burger sauce of ketchup and mayo and worcestershire), lettuce, and tomato!
    soldierswifey05

Answer by soldierswifey05 at 4:36 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I make mine exactly like soldierswifey05.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:10 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Mmmmmm...y'all's responses are making me hungry! lol
    LunasMama

Answer by LunasMama at 5:26 PM on Apr. 19, 2009