My baby has yellow crusties on his face?

What is it and how can I take care of it? He had baby acne but it has gotten worse and now he has this yellow crusty stuff on his ears and cheek bones. He is 6 weeks old.

bluelady27

Asked by bluelady27 at 6:31 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• our baby got this too after baby acne and we found that just wiping down her face once a day with a warm wet washcloth helped clear it up. dont really crub your baby, just wipe it down and let it dry naturally. lotion will not help and likely just hurt it or make it worse... took a couple weeks to clear up and she still has on her eyebrows but it's much better.
    newmomma217

Answer by newmomma217 at 8:33 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Maybe it's eczema? I'm not sure, I've never heard of anything like it....have you tried lotion, or baby oil?
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 6:35 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• No. My pediatrician said it would make his baby acne take longer to clear up so we haven't tried that.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 6:39 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I know this probably isnt helpful but I think it will make you laugh...
    So My baby had a bunch of dry skin on her ears and I was really worried about it. It would be there one day and not there the next, so I thought that I was forgetting to lotion it and so it would get dry, but one day I was watching her and she spit up while she was playing and the dry stuf... was SPITUP! lol. I felt so stupid! But it turned out that she did have baby eczema and my doc told me to use the over the counter stuff first before using the stronger prescription. I have never had to fill the prescription. I also changed from using tide to using all. Tide, I found out later, is very sudsy. Changing has even cleared up some of my dry skin! Good Luck!
    HunnysFarAway

Answer by HunnysFarAway at 7:23 PM on Apr. 18, 2009