What comes next?

Once everyone has quit smoking, lost weight, what will be next? Are we then going to target people with tattoos, or multiple peircings? Or will we begin to target people because of their hair color? My point is, what is happening in America? What happened to live and let live? The idea that as long as it's not hurting someone else, violating a law, and is between consenting adults, you should let it be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:38 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yeah, I try to keep an open mind about people because we are all different. I have my opinions and it is just my way of life. I dont press them on people and I dont think the government should either. I think it is illegal for them to put special taxes on cigarettes to fund certain things that will benefit all but I do think it is lawful to ban smoking in public places because it is unhealthy. Tattoos.... well I will be pissed if they start picking on those people. It is hurting no one but them in any way what so ever
    HunnysFarAway

Answer by HunnysFarAway at 7:37 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• just stop trying to start drama .. fyi .. people have problems with certain things.. and guess what ITS NOTHING NEW
    Anonymous

• Wasn't trying to start drama, was simply asking a question, a serious question. All this talk about others, what happens when these issues are over with, what will be the next issue. Maybe this is the way to start a new Eden, with nothing but perfect people walking around? What happens when all the blonds are suddenly the downtrodden?
    Anonymous

• What are you talking about? Nobody is quitting anything. We're too much of a gluttonous society to quit.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 6:50 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• People are encouraged to stop smoking and quit being overweight because both of those things are unhealthy...but no one has ever FORCED anyone to quit smoking or lose weight. So I can't say that I'm sure how anyone is being targeted.
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 6:50 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Reality is there won't be perfection on earth or even close.Until the end times and all from the bible are gone through.
    Anonymous

• Who knows. Some people just need someone to look down on to make themselves feel better. Don't let em get to you.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 7:23 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• i really like this post....

i could care less if people had a problem with me smoking or my husbands 11 tats.... WELCOME TO AMERICA :)
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 7:24 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• There will always be someone who can't accept people or things that are different from them.
    madamekatekate

Answer by madamekatekate at 7:52 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Life is not a problem to be solved but to be experienced Enjoy life to the giving dad giftfullest I know I am with my kids. I hope everyone has a great day. enjoy the beauty of the day and for what is worth.

C.F

Answer by C.F at 8:11 PM on Apr. 18, 2009