Why do I only have periods every other month?

I lost a fallopian tube due to an Ectopic Pregnancy back in October 2008. My periods were normal until February, it never came. It was normal in March, but then slipped again this month [april] I did spot for about 1 day when my period should have started tho. Is this normal for someone who lost a tube?

KariShadrick

Asked by KariShadrick at 6:40 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I don't know much it, but I wouldn't think so. Regardless of an egg reaching your uterus or not, you would still have lining that would need to be shed (just like when on Birthcontrol)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 6:43 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I agree, I personally would contact my doctor. Although I am not a medical professional in any way, it just doesn't seem like it should be that way. Like the PP said, you would still have to shed the lining of your uterus. GL!!!!
    mommyof20507

Answer by mommyof20507 at 7:21 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• yes. as i understand it, you release an egg from your right side one month, your left the next, then the right again, etc. so if you don't have a tube on one side, you're probably not releasing an egg and therefore, not bleeding that month. the next month, the tube you have left releases an egg and that's when you get your period.
    pugmama

Answer by pugmama at 10:05 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• regardless of releasing an egg she should still get a period (hence the birthcontrol pill that stops you from releasing an egg, but you still bleed every month)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 10:37 AM on Apr. 19, 2009