Anyone else tired of the bf attitude?

I am, I see it here everyday. I bf my kids for about 3/4 of their first year then supplemented with formula and baby food. So what? If my friend wants to bf I support her, but don't push it. And for my buddies that ff from the start, more power to them. Sheesh.

I definitely agree with another member, the bf mommies with an attitude make us other ones look bad.

prettyrayray

Asked by prettyrayray at 6:48 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yeah, I'm kind of numb to the shit I get for formula feeding nowadays.

Breastfeeding contributed to my postpartum depression. Stopping breastfeeding didn't stop the PPD, but it relieved a tiny bit of it.

I've had lactivists tell me that I would be better off dead than formula feeding. Oh, gee, thanks for the support.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:56 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• i never had attitude . i personally hvent seen anything but ff bashing bf
    i just ignore it all because it makes the one doing the bashing just look ignorant ,.
    i say what ever your choice is more power to you .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:00 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• "I've had lactivists tell me that I would be better off dead than formula feeding"

That's ridiculous, I'm sorry, I don't believe that that happened. That is an insulting amount of exaggeration.
    Anonymous

• I agree. I think some of the bad behavior probably turns more women off from breast feeding than encourages them to do it.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 7:14 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• "That's ridiculous, I'm sorry, I don't believe that that happened. That is an insulting amount of exaggeration."

You can go ahead and think that all you want, Miss Anon =D

I don't tell lies.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:26 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I just always knew I'd bf. But I know it's not for everyone. I think it's best, but that's my opinion.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 7:33 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Breast is best. Thats a fact. But, i intend to formula feed and breastfeed. Yes, some breastfeeding mothers are very judgmental. They often say women who choose to formula feed are selfish.

Personally, i'm doing both for me, my baby and my SO. I get to carry my son around for nine months, i get to give him life and i get to hold him first. My SO only gets two weeks off of work to be with his first child. I don't want him to be sat there watching me get to do all of the bonding. It's for all of us.
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 7:45 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I haven't really seen BF moms bash FF moms. :::shrug:::
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:54 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• "I don't want him to be sat there watching me get to do all of the bonding. It's for all of us. "

Yea, because the only way to bond with a baby is to feed it.
    Anonymous

• Cait, you are amazing. I like how you were able to take care of your business to get your daughter healthy, and that's too freakin awesome :)
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 8:10 PM on Apr. 18, 2009