Two Questions....

My daughter keeps scratching her face... she hates the gloves... everytime i put them on she takes them off.... I filed them but it didnt take it down alot... she is two weeks and three days old... is it too early to clip them with a baby nail clipper?....

Also... She has VERY dry skin on her forehead and around her nose and eyelids... Its peeling and dry... what can i do to help this?.... any creams i can use or ointments?.... I tried baby lotion but it didnt do anything....

kwiseman19

Asked by kwiseman19 at 6:49 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• mine scratches herself all the time and did at that age too. I clipped them. try baby oil. she had dry skin on her head then too.
    HunnysFarAway

Answer by HunnysFarAway at 6:51 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• My son went to his 6 month appointment with scratches all over his face from his nails. By that time, the baby mitts were too small. We put Neosporin on his boo boos and baby socks on his hands and eventually he grew out of doing that. I'm sorry, my daughter never did it so I guess it really depends on the baby.

At two weeks though, I think they have flaky skin. You dont' have to give her a bath every day either, maybe 2 - 3 times a week unless she gets dirty.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:52 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I cut my daughter's nails in the hospital =] She'd scratched her face all to hell before we even went home.

And flaky skin is very normal in the early weeks. It'll get softer once it's used to the outside air.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:57 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• i cut my sons nails almost as soon as he was home fromt he hospital lol just do it after a bath the nails are softer then .
    the dry skin idk if you canuse something like this , with her beign so young but you can ask your dr but natural aloe lotion . that may help .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:59 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Baby oil works best on the dry skin. Those little baby mittens are a joke, we had to use socks. You can bite their nails, too if the clippers make you nervous.
    Indygirl18

Answer by Indygirl18 at 7:01 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• We always used socks for my son's hands. They work great!
    Anonymous

• I use grins and giggles moisture stick it works so good on my babies skin good luck
    HeidilovesNyla

Answer by HeidilovesNyla at 7:48 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Vaseline for the dry skin. Sure, you can clip the nails, personally, I like to do it while they are asleep.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:52 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• You can go ahead and clip your baby's nails. Just be careful. I clip my daughter's when she is asleep. I get so scared I'm going to pinch her skin, but it has to be done. Aveeno Baby soothing relief moisture cream works wonders.
    Anonymous

• U CAN CUT EM..DO IT AFTER BATH..NALS ARE SOFTER THEN. PUT LU BIT OF BABY LOTION OR VASALINE ON HER FACE. DO IT DALEY OR 2 TIMES ADAY. CUT BACK ON BATHS. WATER DRYES BABIES SKIN OUT. GOODLUCK..
    KRISSH

Answer by KRISSH at 8:08 PM on Apr. 18, 2009