Anyone else having fears about birth as your due date nears?

I had a very traumatic first delivery that was full of medical interventions and resulted in me almost losing my life.

I've spent the last 2 years researching and asking questions to try and find answers to why these things happen to me and how to prevent them in subsaquent deliveries. This time I am planning an as natural as possible birth with the only medical intervention that is planned being a hospital birth because my last birth left me high risk.

Anyway through out my pregnancy I've been completely confidant that I would go well and that it would be a healing experience for my last birth. BUT as I get closer (29 weeks) I am starting to get scared. I'm afraid I'm going to die. I'm afraid that something will happen to my baby. I'm afraid of so many things.

Anyone else having these fears as your due date nears? How do you overcome them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:06 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• *things would go well

NOT *I would go well.

Sorry about that. I didn't proof read very well before posting. :)
    Anonymous

• i am starting to get scared but i am much closer then you i am 39 weeks but i am being induced wed. if she doesnt coem on her own . i had a problem with my first and almost turned serious so i am very scared it will happen again . just have a good support system behind you and just keep tellign your self the baby and you are healthy things will go great ! try not to think of the bad past i knwo it is super hard . but try lol good luck honey
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:11 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I'm sorry about your previous delivery! Seems like that would be a very horrid thing to go through.

I fear everything as it inches near..
    I am mostly worried about the ripping/cutting and pooping.. and a bit about the pain..
    But when I think "Oh, other people can do it, so can I" I get over it. :]
    I really wanted a C-section, but my family disapproved of it because I am young, and is WAY to far along. . . plus I've had sugury on my apendix and such, so I don't really care if I have more scars on my stomach, it's not like I like being in bathing suits or outside. lol
    Kaiithegreat

Answer by Kaiithegreat at 7:13 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Most of my worries steam from my other children, my children's father left me when I would not abort our third child, now I live in an area with no friends or family (they are 4 states away) and no one to care for my children while I'm in the hospital... His parents will watch the children ONLY for the time I am having the baby, as soon as my daughter is born I am to call them and they will bring my children to the hospital for me to care for.... I'm scared as hell the hospital is not going to let me have my children in the room after the baby is born.
    Anonymous

• my first was tramatic also, and like you almost cost me my life. I was very scared about the second go around, but I did go ahead with a second semi planned c-section. My baby came earlier than expected, but I was getting scared and nervous not knowing what to expect. Everything went fine!
    Anonymous

• Talk to the social worker at the hospital. When I was in with my water broke she came by to make sure that we had everythign taken care of and if we didn't help us so that everything would be ok.
    Anonymous

• I was never really afraid. I read about births & all the things that could possibly go wrong. I'm never really afraid of anything...I dunno if it's because I'm too dumb or ignorant to be...or b/c I'm just brave. I was actually just really excited about it. I knew it was going to be a great life experience & I'd get something great at the end of it. And it was. After the birth of my son was over with, I wished that I could do it all over again.
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 7:56 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• the only thing im deathly affraid of is getting the iv put in..they hurt! this is my 3rd and luckily havent had any tramatic experiences..im 40w1d

i know its hard but the best thing for you to do is Not stress and relax as much as possible so baby doesnt get stressed out
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:16 PM on Apr. 18, 2009