I asked the question about homeschooling. I'm looking to interview an excellent Chicago teacher to home school my (2) kids.

Seeking assistance. I tried homeschooling my children when they started to come of school age, then felt that I made them upset rather than motivating them. Mostly because I was too emotional and had too much at stake in them doing well, so I was not fun. I'd like to explore finding an excellent teacher who is tired of their current teaching situation and wanting to try a more private and personal teaching job teaching a 2nd grader and a 5th grader. Pay is based on experience and whether it's a fit.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:18 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I'm really not trying to be rude, because I was actually homeschooled as a kid - but if you can't do it yourself, then why do you want your children to be homeschooled?

(really, not being rude, just wondering.)
    Anonymous

• You may want to look into a part time homeschool part time school for homeschoolers, We have many here in Texas. The advantage would be a curriculum and accountability to make you more comfortable. Blessings to you,
    behomelikeme

Answer by behomelikeme at 7:25 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• HUH? LOL
    Anonymous

• I'm in illinois and wasn't aware you could pay someone to teach your kids. Have you looked into charter schools? Virtual schools? I know Chicago has them because they're branching into my city right now. What about a small private school?
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:37 AM on Apr. 19, 2009