• In the Spotlight:

Gestational Diabetes. I'm REALLY concerned! Anyone been through this? (29 weeks)

I'm not totally for sure that I have it. I am going for the 3 hour glucos test on Monday and will have the results Tuesday but my doctor said that my first test was very elevated and that there is a good chance.

I know that they will send me to a nutrionist that deals with GD and that my doctor will talk things over with me but if anyone can give me any insite on this, suggestions, reasurance, and any advise like WHAT CAN I EAT???

Also I've been doing some reading on this and HOLY CRAP...they sure know how to scare you. Higher risk for still birth, cord prolapse and much more???

PLEASE ladies I'm freaking out!! Anything you can tell me will help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:23 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had that. Just do what the doctor says and you'll be fine . take care of yourself.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 7:27 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I had it with both pregnancies and it's really not as bad as it seems. You just have to watch your carbs..like 45 g max at meal times and 15 g max at snack times. And always eat protein every time you eat carbs. Try to get a good amount of exercise. O and you test your blood sugar levels 4x a day. If you have any further questions feel free to message me :)
    FL_Mommy_2

Answer by FL_Mommy_2 at 7:40 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Yep, my cousin had that too. We were pregnant together, and she found out about half way through. Relax, take a deep breath, and don't read anything else on the net! They always give you the worst possible scenerio! Just follow your doctor's instructions, stick to the diet very carefully, and make sure you test often enough. My cousin not only had a healthy baby boy, but she lost weight (body fat) by following the diet. She was thinner after her son was born than beforehand. You will be fine! Good luck to you both!
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 8:35 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• My doctor said I have it too.
    They said it was because I got pregnant and it could go away after, just lay off the sugar.
    Kaiithegreat

Answer by Kaiithegreat at 9:59 PM on Apr. 18, 2009