my 10 month old

my daughter will be 10 months old soon. All she does is eat "normal food" she will only take 2 or 3 4 oz bottles a day. She will not drink anymore...she will just play with it...is it okay for her to just drink 2 or 3 4 ozz bottles

Madelyn_Marie

Asked by Madelyn_Marie at 7:30 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My baby is 4months and has probably 4oz about 5-7times a day (i breastfeed so I dont know for sure)... I would wait to hear more responses but It doesnt sound right to me. Is she still putting on weight?
    HunnysFarAway

Answer by HunnysFarAway at 7:33 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• My son is almost 11 mo. and strictly formula fed. He has three 6 oz. bottles a day, so a total of 18 oz. of formula. He probably could drink more, but I don't want to over feed him since he also eats a whole 6 oz. jar of baby food, plus Puffs, per sitting.

Have you offered her anything else to drink, like water or diluted juice? That may help with getting fluids in.

Once they get to this age, and start getting more mobile, they won't be gaining weight as quick as when they are younger. I would say as long as she's gaining weight steadily, even if it's in small amounts, she's alright. You could always call your ped's office and ask the nurse, or just wait until the next doctor's visit.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 7:41 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• shes almost a yr in only two months as long as shes gettin the calories and vitimins she needs im sure its fine. my son was the same
    Mommy_Chula17

Answer by Mommy_Chula17 at 7:49 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Does she drink anything else? I don't know much about formula, but it seems that she would need more liquid in general then that. I think they are supposed to be getting around 24 oz or so of formula at this age.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:51 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Is she on solids to? If so then I would not worry to much as long as she is gaining weight and wetting several diapers a day. If you are giving cereal you can mix it with the formula to ensure that she is getting enough calories and iron for that to.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:15 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• she eats everything you give her
    Madelyn_Marie

Answer by Madelyn_Marie at 8:16 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• If she is eating well and balanced I would stick with what you are doing and still give cereal with it mixed in and maybe even try weaning to a cup soon. That may even renew some interest in the drinking process. Keep in mind that in 2 months she will be off the formula and on cows milk so the majority of her nutrition is coming from solids now. I think you are doing fine by her.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:53 PM on Apr. 18, 2009