how far along can u be to be able to still ride on a plane

I want to go to california and i am 31 weeks pregnant so if i take a plane will they let me get on? or how about the greyhound, will they not let me get on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:42 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• depends on what you dr says and what the airlines policy is . most say no flying after 36 weeks
    the bus it doesnt matter if you 41 weeks pregnant they will let you on a bus
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:44 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• The Doctor usually considers if you are a high risk pregnancy and that may make him/her decide not to allow you to fly. The biggest reason they dont want you to fly when you are farther along is because they wont be able to rush you to a local hospital if you go into labor during the flight. If you are healthy and your pregnancy is going along normal then you should be fine with being allowed to fly out. Just talk to your Doctor and get the OK. And as Mrs.Owen86 says usually they dont allow after 36 weeks.
    krys1973

Answer by krys1973 at 7:59 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I don't think it has as much to do with being on a plane as it does with being away from your home and doctor when you deliver. They usually say you can travel up to a month before you're due.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:09 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• ive flown at 31wks..i know you're fine until 36wks..not sure if theres regulations on that or if its just to be on the safe side kind of thing
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:08 PM on Apr. 18, 2009