How can I find parents that need excellent quality child care at a reasonable price?

I love children, I have two of my own. I am trying to start an in-home child care program. I have very reasonable rates and am available all shifts. I am CPR/First Aid certified as well. I really want my son to have the chance to play with children his own age before he has to go to school next year. Not to mention, I really want and need to stay at home with my children.

JShue9707

Asked by JShue9707 at 8:37 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Money & Work

• You could advertise in your local newspaper.
    Haidens_Mama

Answer by Haidens_Mama at 8:38 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Craigslist? Or maybe a localized group here? You could also start a website. It's not the most professional to have one with ads or a subdomain, but in a pinch it might work. OR, I got my web hosting for only 25 bucks. You can message me if you want that info since I dunno the rules for "advertising" in here yet.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 10:22 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Be very careful advertising, I know in some places you can not advertise to do childcare unless you are licensed. I found out the hard way, I almost got in trouble for it.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:36 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Care.com
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I would do a preschool if i was you.. i dont know around here preschool lic is way way way easy.. its just a paper to file out... not sure why its like that but it is.. childcare isnt as easy to get lic for..
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 1:53 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• be very carefully and make sure you follow the laws carefully otherwise it could come back to kick you in the butt. I would suggest putting your child in Sunday school or check with you local school district they have info on programs normally for infant through toddler age children. Instead of trying to run a child care just offer baby sitting. there are less restrictions for that.
    ladyluck09

Answer by ladyluck09 at 2:50 PM on Apr. 19, 2009